The geological descriptions of 53 raw material vibrocores collected by GEUS in 2022 as part of Miljøstyrelsen raw material mapping program of the common areas in the inner Danish waters, is now available in MARTA.
To keep the users updated about the progress and news in the MARTA database GEUS provides a new service from 2023. You can access the news in two ways:
- Via the link “Seneste nyhed ” on the MARTA-map.
- Via a subscription to this RSS-feed, the users will get the news directly into their Microsoft Outlook. You can add the new RSS-feed in Outlook as: https://www.rss.geus.dk/category/marin-raastofdatabase-marta/?feed=rss
The method is described here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/subscribe-to-an-rss-feed-73c6e717-7815-4594-98e5-81fa369e951c
The data from the recent raw material mapping (2017-2021) governed by Miljøstyrelsen (Danish Environmental Protection Agency) has been interpreted by GEUS. The results are by January 2023 shown in the updated resource layer in MARTA. The updating includes information about the locations of the resource areas, the quality of the occurrences: resource type, geological formation type and resource certainty parameters (proven, likely, or speculative).
The resource areas’ raw material types are given according to the guidelines demanded from the exploitation companies when submitting production data to the Miljøstyrelsen. The submitted data comprise the four marine raw material classifications: sand 1, gravel 2, pebble gravel 3 and filler sand 4. The background for the characterisation is selected quality parameters, with the grain-size distribution as the basic parameter.
The accuracy of the mapping depends on the type and density of the background data. This is illustrated in the database with a legend at three levels: proven, likely, and speculative resources:
- Proven resources yield a general assessment of volume and grain size and in certain cases material quality. A qualified guess of what and how much can be produced and of which quality, with an uncertainty of approx. 20%. The level of investigation corresponds to phase 1b according to the demands of the Raw Material Act.
- Likely resources are limited, and the volume is reasonably well known based on a few seismic tracks and samples with associated grain-size analyses.
- Speculative resources are primarily documented by scattered seismic data and based on a geological model.
New acquired 2D seismic data, onshore central Zealand ‘GEUS2022_STENLILLE’ has been released. Please see information regarding data and acquisition: GEUS2022_STENLILLE
This is a test and will be deleted.
Download of all reports and data from all exploration and appraisal wells in Frisbee is now free of charge.
The data are available as single items or as complete well data packages. Please note that it is only possible to include one complete well data package in each order.
The 2D and 3D seismic data will be released within the coming two years.
Due to maintenance, Jupiter will be unavailable Saturday April 2nd.
- Excel-file with standardised formation tops in all released Danish onshore and offshore exploration wells
- Download version 1.4 (January 2nd 2022)
RSS functionality added to NAPDB portal
New developments on portal are posted here.
Bla bla bla.